Happy Birthday to QUEEN BEY!!!
To celebrate we asked x man about town x super fan x freelance art director Ryan Esquivel to compile his Bey-vourite moments and songs for your pleasure on this long weekend Sunday.
His B'Day Playlist:
His top 5 Bey Moments:
1. The first time I saw Beyoncé live in concert was for the "I Am…" World Tour. I was gagging over her silhouette through the smoke and it was such a moment to see her step out in that custom Mugler to Crazy In Love. It was the first concert to bring me to tears.
2. The surprise release of her BEYONCÉ album. I was working as a server at the time and when I checked my Instagram to see the numerous tags of the drop, I screamed and had to run out. The whole restaurant heard. I was up until 5 am watching the visual album.
3. The MTV 2009 VMA’s Single Ladies performance still is my favourite performance of hers. She is quintessential Sasha Fierce and so on point. This is the first time I saw her as an icon.
4. It was a big deal for Beyoncé to headline Glastonbury in 2011 and she killed the performance. She took me to church with these covers.
5. Beyoncé is not a fashion girl, she gives you moments but she’s not always consistent. But, Balenciaga Spring 2007 is my favourite collection ever, so obviously when Bey stepped out in this look for her performance at the 2007 BET Awards I caught my life.
His fan art.