Hosted by Dj Zehra:
We the people, from many diasporas, places and from right here, whose ancestors gave us the music and beats and abilities to move and feel and resist through our music, invite you to join us for a night of celebration, free up and bachannal.
For one night only, we bringing our sounds together, connecting our drum beats and our people to remind us of our beautiful collective survival and how we connect together in our diasporix lives here on Dish with One Spoon territory.
Featuring sound selectors that will be sharing dancehall, afrobeats, soca, pow wow step, reggaeton, cumbia, salsa, zouk, slow jams and all kinds of diasporic medicine.
When: Saturday August 24th, 2019
Where: Glad Day Bookshop
PWYC - Suggestion of 10$
DJs to be announced next week
Part of Bricks and Glitter festival
- we are a trans and gender fluidity/non-confirming space, if you are not comfortable w freedom of gender expression = don't come :)
-gender neutral & code accessible washrooms are available
-one wheelchair accessible washroom on the main floor at the back (there is only one transferring bar on the wall by the toilet)
- closest TTC station is Wellesley Station (it has an escalator), but the closest subway with an elevator is Yonge Station and you can reach Glad Day within 10 minutes
- the entrance to Glad Day has a button to push to open the door, although sometimes it doesn't work
- alcohol will be sold on premises, but non- alcoholic options will be available
- there will be chairs all over the place for your to sit if you need to! if you need a chair and there isn't one, ask one of the staff and they will get you one.
- we will have care team members on site to support anyone with mobility or other personal needs the day of
- please come as scent free as possible!”